Fast Action Is Vital To Prevent Further Water Damage To Your Brandon Home
Act Quickly To Contain The Impact Of Water Damage To Your Brandon Home
Whether it is water pouring in through an open window during a storm or a broken water pipe in the ceiling, contain the amount of damage quickly. There are several immediate steps to take when a homeowner encounters wet conditions in their home.
Stop the source of the water:
• Shut the window
• Turn off the water supply
• Make sure that conditions are safe – from electrical short circuits or slippery conditions.
SERVPRO technicians respond to all water damage events in Brandon quickly to assist homeowners in minimizing the damage and recovering their belongings before the water and dampness permanently damage them. Small water events contained in one room can be controlled quickly, and most items can be saved. More significant extensive situations require additional intervention to remove standing water, dampness, and complete restoration.
By acting quickly, homeowners can minimize the amount of disruption in their lives. Always ensure that it is safe to enter the room, avoiding any slippery conditions and of course, electrical hazards. Steps to take immediately after controlling the source of water are:
• Mop up as much excess water as possible.
• Remove lamps and any items on tables.
• If your furniture is wet, wipe the excess water from hard surfaces, including floors.
• Remove all cushions and pillows from the room for drying, along with all loose items.
• Turn on the AC. The AC system extracts moisture from the air and helps in drying your home.
• Remove any colored item from tables and carpets. The colors could leach from the article to other objects.
• Remove artistic objects that could be further damaged by the moisture from the room.
SERVPRO is here to help. If you feel the water damage is too much to handle and overwhelming, call us for assistance. We can review the situation and provide a plan to remove the water and dry your belongings. Books and essential papers can also be dried.
Call SERVPRO of Brandon / North Riverview at (813) 741-3473 for 24/7 service. We serve Margo and surrounding areas.
For more about Brandon click here.