Can Kitchen Fires in Brandon Be Prevented?
No Fire is Totally Preventable But There Are Things You Can Do and SERVPRO Can Help if it Happens
One-fourth of all fires are residential. Of those, the kitchen is the place the majority of them occur. It is better to prevent a fire than to need fire removal services. Understanding the cause of kitchen fires can help you stop them from happening.
Common Causes of House Fires
When residential fire damage restoration is needed in Brandon, there are five main reasons. They include:
- Electrical, including lights
When SERVPRO heads to a fire restoration project, kitchen fires are the cause much of the time. In the past two years, fire stations responded to roughly 190,000 cooking fires, according to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Understanding Kitchen Fires
A stove or cooktop is responsible for approximately 62% of kitchen fires. Leaving the stove unattended is the main cause. Electric stoves are involved more often than gas stoves. To prevent cooking fires, never walk away from the stove when it is in use. Keep flammable items away from hot surfaces and clean vents often. If you do have a fire, our crew is available 24/7 to mitigate the damage. We can:
- Remove debris – charred items and unsalvageable items should get removed immediately
- Use the appropriate cleaning methods – We use dry and wet cleaning methods as needed
- Restore wood surfaces – We restore rather than repair whenever we can
- Clean and replace flooring and content – This may require off-site cleaning
- Deodorize – We use thermal foggers, air scrubbers, and HEPA filtration systems
SERVPRO of Brandon / North Riverview can mitigate any size fire. We deal with kitchen fires every day. We want you to prevent fires by practicing safety guidelines, but if the worst does happen, we are here for you. Contact us at (813) 741-3473.