Why Hiring SERVPRO for Mold Damage Cleanup Is Important in Brandon
Mold Damage Help with SERVPRO Gets Results for Brandon Residents
There are many popular myths about black mold, mildew, and bacterial growth. Whether you suspect mold development in your home or business, how you approach it will significantly impact your results. Rather than trying DIY and making it worse, you can get the help you need and fast with the team at SERVPRO. We use research-based mold cleanup methods and industrial-grade products to ensure your interior is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned when we get done.
Mold damage in Brandon is something that you may not even be able to see with the naked eye. If you start to suspect there may be a moisture problem or mold colonization, time is of the essence so that the issue does not worsen.
Mold Spores are All Around Us, and in the Air
Many people fail to realize that microscopic mold spores of all kinds are around us each day, indoors and outdoors. While you can live in harmony with mold and be completely safe, excessive moisture is the enemy. With the correct moisture levels and organic materials for food, mold colonization accelerates in as little as 24 to 48 hours.
Some of the most prevalent areas for mold to reproduce include:
- Areas where water overflows from bathtubs, showers, sinks, hot tubs, aquariums, etc.
- Spots where there might be unnoticed or slow leaks, including slight drips from bathroom or kitchen pipes.
- Condensation that develops around windows, exterior walls, or AC units. You may even have condensation that builds in your laundry room and improperly vented kitchens or bathrooms.
What Makes SERVPRO Qualified for Mold Remediation?
The team here at SERVPRO undergoes extensive training to assess, trace, and mitigate water damage that leads to mold development. With any mold project, we carefully inspect the area to determine the root cause of the problem to fix it so that the mold problem does not come right back. Our crew utilizes mold remediation protocols set forth by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that links the importance of managing moisture to help thwart mold growth.
What Happens After you Call Us to Help with Suspected Mold Growth
Once you initiate services by contacting our customer care team, we gather information so that we can select all the right tools, products, and the number of personnel to handle the job. Our Green Fleet then arrives filled with everything we need to inspect, assess, and begin cleaning your residence carefully. We always wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including full bodysuits, gloves, goggles, boots, and eye protection.
The process you can expect once we arrive includes:
- Assessment to determine the extent of the mold infiltration
- Inspection that helps us locate the root cause of the moisture issue so we can get it fixed
- Containment of the work zone to create a safeguard and keep mold spores from traveling into unaffected areas of the building
- Set up of dehumidifiers and air scrubbers with powerful filters to remove mold spores from the air
- Careful cleanup of all residues with vacuums and other tools, followed by the disposal of any hazardous waste
- Application of antimicrobials and sanitizing agents to keep mold from coming back
- Specialized measures by our Odor Control Technicians (OCT) to eliminate any foul, must odors
Mold damage restoration is something we do best here at SERVPRO of Brandon/North Riverview. If you want to know more about our processes or wish to mobilize our crew to your property, you can reach us by dialing (813) 741-3473. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.