Call the Experts of Flood Damage Remediation in Brandon
Flood Damage Restoration Mistakes When Cleaning Upholstery In Your Brandon Area Home
There are nine specific methods SERVPRO uses to treat upholstery in your Brandon area home after a flood. The purpose of pre-inspection and pre-testing is to determine which way to use to provide you with the best possible results without fading colors or changing the texture of your fabric.
Technicians performing flood damage restoration In your Brandon home often make six major mistakes when dealing with upholstery. Learning more about these mistakes teaches a technician to avoid making costly mistakes that often damage upholstery and drapery fabrics.
Using a High pH (strong alkaline) Cleaning Agent: Drapery and upholstery fabrics and dyes are not as resilient as carpet. Working with a high pH solution often causes bleeding and fiber damage. Always use a neutral or slightly acidic agent if there is any doubt of color stability.
- Using Hot Cleaning Solutions on Fabrics With Unstable Dyes: Hot solutions often cause severe bleeding. Therefore, we use more excellent solutions to retard bleeding and prevent fiber damage to materials like wool that respond poorly to temperatures exceeding 150 degrees F.
- Overwetting The Fabric: Believe it or not, using too much moisture can cause streaks, yellowing, velvet pile crush, and fabric distortion. Avoid excessive drying times and damage associated with using the wrong tools or solution pressure over 50 PSI.
- Uneven Application of Cleaning Solutions: Regardless of the method, always apply cleaning solutions evenly. Use fan spray jets instead of conical jets for a more consistent application that helps avoid streaks.
- Incomplete or Uneven Extraction: Cleaning solutions and emulsified soils left behind often lead to streaks, yellowing, and rapid re-soiling. Use clean, dry towels or extractors to remove excess moisture and soils after shampooing and foam methods.
- Removal of Cushion Covers: Never pull the covers off furniture cushions to clean them. Shrinkage and discoloration may cause mismatch results and lead to customer dissatisfaction.
SERVPRO technicians are trained to avoid these mistakes and always strive to exceed any expectations you might have. We are available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. We proudly provide cleaning & flood damage solutions to every member of our local community.
Contact SERVPRO of Brandon / North Riverview for additional information about our services or schedule an initial home inspection today. (813) 741-3473.